In the UK we have a long history of upholding people’s rights, encouraging tolerance and valuing diversity. We all share values of fairness, dignity, tolerance and respect. We hate to see unfairness or perceive powerful institutions trampling on the rights or dignity of ordinary people.
Our society and our economy are strongest when everyone is treated with dignity and respect, and we all have the opportunity to succeed. In the current economic climate it is more important than ever that we draw on the talents of all, whilst safeguarding those in the most vulnerable situations.
Equality & Diversity encompasses all workplaces and beyond to cover all aspects of our lives.
We all have a responsibility to promote fairness, dignity, tolerance, respect and freedom. And we should all aim for a society free of discrimination, harassment, victimisation and bullying.
This e-learning Equality & Diversity course will introduce you to the Equality Act 2010. It will help you to understand who is protected by the legislation and help you to become more tolerant and understanding of those around you irrespective of who they are, their beliefs, what they look like or, indeed, where they come from.
This course will help you to understand:
- How the Equality Act 2010 affects your responsibilities in the workplace.
- What the protected characteristics are under the Equality Act 2010.
- What is meant by discrimination and identify the different types of discrimination.
- What is prohibited conduct under the Equality Act 2010.
- Why Equality & Diversity training is important in the workplace.